- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Software Engineering
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable, and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui, and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018, and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort, and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design, and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its third model, the Cowboy 3, and it is sold across Europe. In May 2021, Cowboy unveiled its fourth generation electric bike, the Cowboy 4.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early-stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital, and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
About the role
You will work in a team of 5 Web Engineers. You will be reporting directly to the CTO and a good chunk of your work will be to support our internal tools. You will be facing many complex challenges in logistics, remote repairs, distribution (test rides available in 60+ cities), manufacturing, data warehousing, testing, etc.
You will be talking to many people in the company to make sure we can reach our targets and take the company to the next level.
- It’s definitely not your classic marketplace / SaaS development.
- Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, front-end developers, firmware engineers, hardware engineers to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel is required.
- 2-5 years of experience in Ruby on Rails/Node.js development or equivalent
- Must have a solid grasp on database
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Understand and exercise best practices for web development and software design
- Salary range: 55K - 80K
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day
Just like our rider community in cities across Europe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.