- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Cowboy is a Belgian startup that is developing innovative electric bikes for urban riders. Cowboy’s main goal is to improve urban mobility and take commuters to their destination in a more enjoyable, sustainable and efficient manner.
Founded in 2017 by entrepreneurs Adrien Roose, Karim Slaoui and Tanguy Goretti, Cowboy is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. Cowboy is the winner of the Eurobike 2017, the Red-Dot bicycle design award 2018 and the Red-Dot “Best of the Best” award for the Cowboy 2.
With traffic congestion plaguing metropolitan areas, electric bikes are proving to be the fastest means of transportation, beating cars and ground public transport. Cowboy’s vision is to elevate the daily commute to the next level in terms of speed, comfort and freedom of movement around the city. Cowboy enhances the riding experience by unifying intelligent technology, delightful design and meticulous customer service.
In April 2019, Cowboy launched its second model, the Cowboy 2, and introduced it to 8 additional countries (Germany, France, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Austria, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom). In June 2020, Cowboy unveiled its third generation electric bike.
In July 2020, Cowboy raised €23 Million from international investors (including Exor Seeds, the early-stage investment arm of Exor, Isomer Capital, Future Positive Capital and Index Ventures) in the Series B round. Cowboy plans to recruit 30+ new talent in the next six months, scale operations, and expand its footprint across Europe through its Test Ride and Mobile Service networks.
After a hugely successful debut in 2017, we are now present on 9 European markets with our connected e-bike, but we’re not stopping here.
We’re looking for a Launch Lead to help us set up shop on US soil and make Cowboy just as much of a success story overseas as it is in Europe. We’re looking for a highly entrepreneurial person who understands the local market and would work closely with a cross-functional European team to introduce Cowboy in the US.
What you’ll be doing
The first 6 months
During the first 6 months, you will be responsible for the successful launch of Cowboy in the US. You will act as a Launch Director working closely with our senior leadership team and across all the necessary functions in Cowboy to support and facilitate a successful market entry.
It’s a very diverse role with responsibilities over Customer Success, Logistics, and On-demand services. For all areas, you’ll contribute both as a key client - identifying needs, supplying local market knowledge -, as well as a key contributor on setting up operations in the US - hiring a local Customer Success team, onboarding logistics partners.
Beyond the first 6 months
After a successful launch, your role will evolve into a more commercial role where you will assume ownership of identifying, developing and managing sales channels such as key partnerships & resellers, our Brand Stores in key cities, corporate sales and any other sales channels.
Who we are looking for
- You’re a people person. You’re good at working together with various stakeholders across a different range of topics, let it be commercial, operational or technical.
- You’re a hands-on strategic thinker.
- You have an analytical mindset. You will analyse key metrics and processes in order to optimise towards success.
- You enjoy problem-solving and building and scaling processes. You will build processes and re-iterate on the set-up to meet the needs of a rapid growing scale-up expanding geographically
- You demonstrate the ability to ‘go deep’ understanding operational details which can make the difference between ‘great’ and ‘good’. You balance this ability with the ability to guide individuals in your team to lead their specific streams.
- You have a relentless drive to learn. You demonstrate a ‘beginners mindset’ combining the confidence to achieve exceptional results with the belief that to achieve so you will need to continuously learn, iterate and improve.
- You have the intellectual flexibility to be able to successfully manage a wide scope and big volume of requests and issues. The ability to go ‘in and out’ will be key to be successful in your job.
- You are native to the US, you understand the ins and outs of the US consumer culture and behavior.
- You have a successful track record of launching a European brand in the US.
- You have an interest and understanding of the consumer electronics market with a key focus on mobility.
- You have people management experience
- You come with 7-10 years of experience from Consulting, Tech or Investment banking with industry experience in logistics, operations and/or customer service
- A highly competitive salary package.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing startup with open, respectful and fun company culture.
- Have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
Just like our rider community in cities across the globe, diversity is a strength. No matter where you come from, or the path you’re on, Cowboy is inclusive and so is our workplace. Your unique skills, passion, and perspective will help us continue to transform mobility and urban life for the better.