- New York
- Date Posted
- Nov. 29, 2021
Who we are
Credit Benchmark is a financial data analytics company offering access to an entirely new source of information: the consensus credit risk view of the world’s leading banks. These unique credit risk indicators help deliver a greater understanding of the credit quality of entities around the world.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to hire an experienced sales professional to join our New York Office.
The primary function of the role will be to grow our subscription business by identifying, developing and closing new commercial relationships. Our sales team are also responsible for overseeing the commercial relationships of our existing subscription clients. The role is a highly collaborative and has the full support of our credit, analytical and subject matter technical experts present throughout the organisation.
This is an ideal role for an experienced sales professional who has previously worked in an entrepreneurial environment, skilled in using their own initiative to overcome ambiguity, creating a structured approach to driving new business. A proven track record in selling a unique content set would be advantageous.
The role will be based in New York, with hybrid working and may involve travel.
Your responsibilities will include
- Prospecting new clients and managing a pipeline of new accounts
- Negotiating commercial terms with clients
- Generating a pipeline of leads and client referrals
- Articulating value of the Credit Benchmark products within a client’s credit workflow
- Be the go to person for managing incoming queries from external parties
- Travelling domestically to meet organisational demands
What we are looking for
Ideally you will:
- Significant and proven new business sales experience and a successful track record as a quota carrying sales professional
- Have a solid understanding of financial markets; knowledge of credit risk analytics, or fixed income solutions or capital market services; and/or experience working in a top tier banking institution
- Ability to generate leads and develop relationships, where none exist and follow-up effectively
- Discover use cases and position the content set by leveraging expertise from within the firm
- Understanding of recurring revenue businesses (new business and renewals)
- Solid organization skills to schedule, execute and record activities in a CRM system (Salesforce)
- Excellent networking and presentations skills (both written and spoken)
- Proactive, with an ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Be able to work collaboratively
- Eligible to work in the US
- Competitive basic salary and commission scheme.
- Flexible working hours: Healthy work/life balance
- Working from home: Support to make your home working environment comfortable
- Holidays: Competitive holiday package
- Health and Wellbeing: Paid sick and bereavement leave and private health Insurance cover
- 401(k): Opportunity to join company 401(k) plan with financial education and support
- Travel: Commuter benefits
- Family Friendly: Supportive environment and paid leave for new parents
- Learning and Development: Professional development opportunities through seminars, conferences, training and courses and internal mentorship
- Community: Supportive, collaborative and social team environment
- Our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion
At Credit Benchmark, we are deeply committed to diversity, equality and inclusion. This means celebrating who we are as individuals and as a team because our company and culture reflect the sum of our employees.
We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment that includes fairness, kindness, and understanding. We empower each other to bring our authentic selves to work and champion our colleagues’ development and achievements. Our diversity brings a multitude of perspectives and ideas and is imperative to the success of our business.
We are dedicated to ensuring that principles of diversity, equality and inclusion are rooted in Credit Benchmark’s DNA. We continue to build on these principles as our company grows while retaining the progress we have made as team.
Credit Benchmark is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe no one should be at a professional disadvantage because of their background. We do not discriminate based upon any legally protected characteristic and are committed to fostering a working culture that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Credit Benchmark is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures and employment.