- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
What do Airbnb, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 4,000 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
Joining our team as a Data Engineer you’ll help take our data capability to the next level, across everything from batch and stream processing to product analytics, data science, and machine learning. As part of the Data Platform team, your work will enable many parts of the business to better understand and serve our customers by building and supporting the data lake infrastructure that analysts and data scientists use to collect, analyse and generate value from our data. This is a chance to have a huge impact on transforming the world of work for the better—and learn a lot in the process.
What will you bring to the Camp?
Data engineering is an emerging and rapidly changing discipline, and we recognize that every data engineer will have a unique blend of skills. We’re looking for someone with solid software engineering fundamentals and extensive experience with cloud infrastructure, specifically in AWS. In addition, you’ll have a track record of delivery across a number of key areas of data engineering. We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of the below, but you should have deep experience in a few and exposure to several of the others.
- Deploying data platform components with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Cloudformation, AWS CDK, or Terraform
- Building high-quality batch processing systems with sophisticated orchestration, quality monitoring, and awareness of data lineage
- Stream processing at scale using tools like Storm, Flink, Kafka, and Spark Streaming
- Building out secure data environments that enable key use cases while maintaining auditable security and privacy controls, leveraging AWS IAM and network-level security
- Data engineering on the AWS platform, including tools like Kinesis, EMR, S3, Athena, Redshift, and SageMaker
- Knowledge of columnar or distributed data processing systems, such as Redshift, Hive, Spark or Presto
- Deploy and operationalise a Presto cluster to provide a scalable batch data transformation engine
- Optimise a CI pipeline for DBT data modeling to allow analysts to test and validate transformations before pushing to production
- Stand up a cloud notebook environment for data science with AWS SageMaker Studio, with per-user IAM roles and custom Docker images prebuilt with supported libraries and packages
- Implement fine-grained access control on the data lake with AWS LakeFormation or Apache Ranger
- Please keep reading...
- Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Non average workplaces attract above average people.
- We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
- We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
- We can hire multiple roles at a Mid or Senior level, salary will be dependent on experience and the level you will be joining ($90k-$140k)