- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and Deliveroo trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
- How you can help make a better world of work
The Front End Foundations team in Culture Amp’s Product Group owns the shared tools and frameworks that our product teams use to build web user interfaces. Among these is the Kaizen design system, which receives contributions from the many different teams that rely on it to build consistent, high-quality UIs.
Front End Foundations has two full-time engineers devoted to the stewardship of Kaizen, and we’d like to add one more engineer who can balance the team’s strengths with additional experience in UX design or technical product management.
As a part of this team of amazing humans,
You will (the role)
- Collaborate with product designers to identify, specify and prioritise UI/UX patterns for implementation as components,
- Conduct research into product team needs (identifying quality and coverage gaps) to help the team develop a roadmap for the growth of the component library, and
- Contribute to web platform (HTML, CSS, DOM, etc.) code in our component library, and support other engineers in making their own contributions.
We recognize this is a pretty specific mix. Even if only two of these three are in your comfort zone, we’d love to hear from you!
You should have (technical skills)
- A track record of productive collaboration with product designers for web applications, and the ability to advocate for the needs of designers in the team,
- Proven interest or expertise in the web platform (HTML, CSS, DOM, accessibility, performance, responsive design),
- A demonstrated interest in UI component libraries, and are motivated to build a successful design system to help Culture Amp succeed,
- Possibly some hands-on visual design experience (typography, animation, interaction design patterns), because the current team is engineer-heavy and could use someone with a strong design background,
- And optionally some experience managing a design system as a product, with clear success metrics to help drive a prioritised roadmap.
You should be (human skills)
- An avid learner, constantly researching best practices, and emerging web platform features and best practices,
- Passionate about sweating the tiny details that make a user experience really sing,
- A strong communicator, because much of this work involves cross-team collaboration and discussion, with experience giving feedback (especially in code reviews), teaching and pairing,
- And someone who shares our passion for making a better world of work.
You should love crafting beautifully designed and intuitive user experiences, and believe that creating well-tested, clean code is just as important for the front end as the back end. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development.
Our teams are remote-friendly, and all embrace flexible working arrangements. We use GitHub to collaborate and review each other’s code as pull requests. We deliver to production via continuous integration and delivery using Buildkite (or GitHub Actions where Buildkite is not a great fit).
Please keep reading…
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events