- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and Deliveroo trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
- How you can help make a better world of work
- As a senior site reliability engineer at Culture Amp you will play a key role in our efforts to improve the scalability and reliability of our platform. Our customer base has been growing at an incredible pace, and with that comes more simultaneous users, more data sitting in our storage layer and more microservices. The mission of the SRE practice is to ensure that our infrastructure can accommodate this growth without compromising on system reliability or the user experience
- Most of your assignments will be based on problem statements, not prescribed solutions. You will be expected to take ownership of those problems and lead the discovery and resolution phases. You will always be supported by a team with mixed experience levels, giving you the opportunity to learn and also teach. Over time the complexity and scope of your assignments will grow, giving you the opportunity to gain the experience needed to transition to a leadership role.
- In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Work in a team dedicated to SRE
- Own specific problems / design and implement solutions for those
- Pair with other engineers whenever possible
- Communicate directly with stakeholders when relevant to your current project
- Follow and advocate for SRE best practices
- Help onboard and up-skill more junior engineers
- Receive mentoring and support from the practice and team leadership
- Experience running containerised applications at scale on AWS
- Experience writing and maintaining infrastructure as code
- Good understanding of software engineering principles
- Ability to write simple applications and automation scripts
- Willingness to learn and patience to teach
- Good communication skills
- Empathetic and kind
- Passionate about following best practices and having clear plans
- Very proactive, including in asking for help sooner rather than later
- Flexible and resilient, specially when dealing with unexpected changes and issues
- Please keep reading...
- Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Non average workplaces attract above average people.
- We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
- We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
- Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
- What is a People Geek?
- Learn how Culture Amp has impacted businesses around the world
- What does Culture First mean?