- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and the BBC trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
- How you can help make a better world of work
We are looking for a data-driven inbound marketer to support campaign development and our target market buyer journey. As a supporting member of the campaign team, you will help produce and manage projects that attract website traffic, convert that traffic into new leads for the business, and help nurture to close those leads into customers.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. The campaign manager must be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Reporting to the Campaign Lead and working closely with the digital marketing team and creative, this person will play an impactful role in the development of the sales and marketing organization. We are looking for someone who’s looking to develop their career and be part of a fast growing marketing team.
In part of this team of amazing humans,
- Assist in the development and implementation of the company’s brand strategy
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve immediate and long-term business goals, identifying and executing improvements for processes, content, and lead generation
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring program success
- Conduct research to analyze market trends, customer behavior, and competitive landscape, and prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Support Campaign Lead in evaluating and establishing the marketing plan and strategy by assembling and analyzing sales forecasts, setting objectives, planning and organizing promotional presentations, and updating calendars
- Communicate campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables to sales team, and provide instructions for use or promotion
- 3-5 years of work experience as a campaign manager or similar role
- Experience in the HR industry (preferred, but not required)
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing and content marketing
- Excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to write short form copy to support campaign content distribution
- Proficiency in project management and collaboration tools like Google Drive, Asana, Slack, Trello, Confluence
- Please keep reading...
- Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Non average workplaces attract above average people.
- We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
- We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognized as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavor to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Medical insurance - for you and your family so you can feel safe in these uncertain times
- Excellent parental leave and in work support program - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.
- Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
- What is a People Geek?
- Learn how Culture Amp has impacted businesses around the world
- What does Culture First mean?