- Melbourne, FL
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 4000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and the BBC trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behaviour change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
- How you can help make a better world of work
Culture Amp started as a market-leading, category-defining Engagement product. In 2019 we added an award winning Performance solution to our platform, which empowers our customers to understand and grow employee performance in a Culture First way. In this role, you would join Performance Camp (Tribe), the group of teams that owns this rapidly-growing product.
We work in mission-based teams on various areas of our product. As an engineer, you will help to design, improve and build our features, such as 1-on-1 conversations, goal setting, development and performance management, all of which encourage and facilitate meaningful feedback. We use all these tools at Culture Amp, so we take great pride in what we deliver.
We encourage our teams to work in the open and collaborate across camps. For example, we have a component library for our design system, which you can check out at https://cultureamp.design. We don't expect engineers to know everything before they start; we give them opportunities to learn as part of their role.
We use React with TypeScript on the front-end and Ruby on Rails on the back-end. Our engineers participate in engineering practice meetings to self-organise and improve our stack. Examples of improvements from these meetings are Cypress testing across our important routes, dry-rb structs and monads on the back-end, and a GraphQL API. These practice meetings are a great opportunity to share learnings and bring best practices into our codebase.
All of our teams are remote-first and support flexible working arrangements. We use modern practices such as use of Slack, pull requests and code management via Github, and continuous delivery via Buildkite.
- The positions we have available in this team would suit a Full Stack Engineer that is back end focused.
- What You Bring to Our Camp
- You’re curious and willing to learn. When anyone on our team doesn’t understand something, we love it when they dig in, learn something new and then share that learning with others.
- You are able to collaborate and communicate with others about your work. We work out loud in our mission based teams so everyone is on the same page, even those who work remotely or in different time zones.
- You are comfortable in working in Ruby (or experienced with any OOP language and keen to learn Ruby). We work with Ruby on Rails and React JS with TypeScript.
- Please keep reading...
- Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
- Non average workplaces attract above average people.
- We consider ourselves anything but average and strive to make a home for different types of people from around the world to do their best work and have fun doing it. So we have created 4 “not your average” values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
- We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
- We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.