- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
What do Airbnb, Slack and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 2,500 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading people & culture platform.
Culture Amp is a rapidly growing company empowering our customers to build Culture First workplaces. Our market-leading, category-defining Engagement product has been the engine of our success. In 2019 we added an award winning performance management solution to our portfolio. These two products together enable us to deliver highly differentiated, powerful and industry-leading capabilities to our customers.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join the Engagement Camp. If you love working with React/Typescript, open to learning Ruby / Rails and excited by writing the code that powers a product you believe in then we’d love to speak with you.
Software Engineering at Culture Amp is an inclusive practice distributed across cross-functional, lightweight Agile teams, many of which are remote-friendly, and all of which embrace flexible work arrangements. You should enjoy being surrounded by talented engineers, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development. To top it off, we hope you’ll share our passion for culture and changing the world of work for the better.
- What you’ll bring to Culture Amp
- You have a growth mindset, able to skill up on an unfamiliar language or framework when you need to, and to adapt to our constantly changing environment.
- You have experience working in agile teams and shipping software iteratively
- Willingness to work in and uplift legacy code
- You naturally think out loud, bring others into conversations and thereby encourage cross pollination of ideas.
- You are adept at communicating complex technical matters in a clear, understandable way to non-technical people.
- You are passionate about solving complex problems.
- Knowledge of modern front end technologies like React.
- You are proficient in Ruby, (or have a keen interest to learn it)
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home and do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, and if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism on our website.
But that’s not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this (please don’t say unprecedented again!) time, make your work schedule work for you
- 14 weeks parental leave at full pay for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary carers
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success.
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
- Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.