- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Design & UI
Why we started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team of ten people.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About the role:
We’re hiring a talented, generalist designer to help improve and streamline the Curtsy experience across our iOS, Android, and web apps. We’re maniacally focused on simplifying the selling process for everyday women, to make selling online as easy as taking a bag to Goodwill. As our first design hire outside the founding team, you’d be person closest to this effort.
As an early team member, you’ll play an active role in determining product strategy, building out the team, and more. You’ll likely wear many hats at Curtsy, and work on many different types of projects. If you have ambitions to start your own company one day or be an early hire at a startup, this role would be perfect.
A typical week at Curtsy:
- Lead a design sprint around a new feature or redesign of an existing area in the product
- Help determine the direction of our product through ideation and discussion
- Plan and prioritize upcoming new features, and contribute to our product roadmap
- Talk to customers and look at data to understand drivers of feedback
We’re looking for:
- At least 4 years full-time experience designing for a consumer-facing product, or equivalent skills
- Examples of work that show your strengths, in a portfolio for example
- Well versed in Figma or Sketch, but more concerned with the work itself rather than the tool
- Knowledgeable on design best practices and common UI patterns
- Good taste for and strong visual design skills
- Experience working directly and effectively with developers
- Excellent communication and writing skills
Commitment To Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.=