- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Why We Started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team of ten people.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About The Role
We’re hiring a recruiter to source, attract, and close top talent at Curtsy in order to help us scale faster. As an early member of the team you’ll have a lot of autonomy and play an active role in helping build out recruiting and people processes.
What success looks like in this role:
- Full-cycle recruiting: sourcing, screening, and closing candidates across all technical and non-technical functions
- Work on building out pipeline for 2-4 high priority roles at a time.
- Partnering with founders to design role profiles, assessment criteria and hiring processes, and managing the hiring processes through completion
- Provide a high quality candidate experience throughout their hiring journey.
- Create resources that speak to the employee experience and company culture.
- 2+ years in a recruiting or talent function (preferably at Startups)
- Proficiency with ATS software such as Lever
- Previous sourcing, selling and closing experience candidates across functions
- The ability to move quickly and hustle while still producing high quality work
- Experience with Engineering, Product, and Marketing roles is a plus
- A strong interest in building from the ground up and make a huge impact on a growing team
Commitment To Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.