- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
Why We Started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team of ten people.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About The Role
We’re hiring a recruiting sourcer to help build out a diverse pipeline of talented candidates to help us quickly scale our team. As an early member of the team you’ll have a lot of autonomy and play an active role in helping build out recruiting and people processes.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with recruiting team to build talent pipeline of high quality candidates through sourcing, identifying and screening qualified candidates for various roles
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines, referrals, events, and sourcing campaigns
- Manage inbound applicants and maintain ATS system
- Work closely with the hiring managers to support their needs
- Track and report recruiting metrics and pipeline
- Manage the employee referral program
- Build a diverse pipeline and assist the team to remove bias from hiring decisions
- 1-3 years recruiting/hr experience within a startup environment
- Experience sourcing candidates via LinkedIn, AngelList, Indeed, Github
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience supporting hiring managers and providing feedback
- Experience using ATS systems, preferably Lever
- Ability to prioritize tasks, maintain a sense of urgency and manage time effectively
- Incredible attention to detail
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment
Commitment To Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.