- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Product Management
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About The Role
The majority of Curtsy’s customers are in college, which is why we’re excited to hire a talented marketer to imagine, build out and run our College Marketing program, a new initiative for Curtsy. You’ll recruit ambitious students and coach them in telling Curtsy’s story and signing up new customers at their campus through events, field, and guerilla marketing initiatives.
As an early member of the team you’ll have extraordinary autonomy and ability to contribute across marketing and product efforts. If you have ambitions to lead a marketing team and drive impact through events and guerilla marketing in a fast-paced startup environment, we think you’ll be a great fit.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with founders and marketing leaders at Curtsy to create a strategy for on-campus marketing and growing Curtsy in the college market
- Source, hire, and manage ambitious college ambassadors to lead on-campus marketing at their schools
- Plan and assist campus teams in hosting events and other initiatives to drive new customer growth on campus and share the benefits of Curtsy
- Forecast and report on performance of the college marketing program
- Help shape overall growth, marketing, and brand strategy
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years experience with college-focused marketing
- Previous recruiting experience, ability to identify influential, ambitious students on college campuses to partner with
- Great communication and leadership ability
- Positive, outgoing, and inspiring personality and ability to motivate others
- Detail oriented and persistent work ethicExperience working as a campus ambassador for another company during your college career is awesome but not required
What You’ll Get:
- Tremendous equity upside from joining our early team
- Competitive base pay
- Unlimited PTO and a culture of working hard and actually taking time off
- Flexible work life, based in San Francisco when you want to come into the office
- Non-elective 401K contributions
Commitment to Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.