- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
Why we started Curtsy
Curtsy was started by four high school friends who wanted an easier and more sustainable way to sell and shop for fashion. Despite our 10x growth over the last year, we’re still a fairly lean team of ten people.
We noticed that existing fashion resale apps were hard to use, filled with spam, and dominated by businesses — not real people. Curtsy is a sustainable alternative to fast fashion that helps women simplify their lives, switch up their style, and earn extra cash. We’re focused on Gen Z which is the most underserved demographic within the resale category.
We’ve doubled our business in the last few months and just recently broke the top 20 apps list for the shopping category in the App Store. We have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users, strong customer loyalty, and have grown 30% monthly for the last year.
We’re a Y Combinator company (S19) and recently closed our Series A led by Index Ventures with participation from CRV, Kevin Durant, and other top-tier angel investors.
About the role:
We’re hiring a generalist full-stack engineer to build out our web app, internal tools, and analytics infrastructure. We’re an early stage startup, so this person will wear many hats and work on many different types of projects.
As an early team member, you’ll play an active role in determining product strategy, building out the team, and more. If you have ambitions to start your own company one day or be an early hire at a startup, this role would be perfect.
A typical week at Curtsy:
- Contribute to our web app, backend (NodeJS, MongoDB, and Parse)
- Deliver new customer-facing features and improvements
- Collaborate with customer service and marketing to streamline their workflow through software
- Build out integrations with vendors like shipping and payment providers
- Help shape our roadmap, make product decisions, and participate in company strategy setting
- Assist in scaling our backend to support tens of thousands of concurrent users
We’re looking for:
- At least 2-4 years of full-time experience as a full-stack engineer
- Ability to develop web applications from zero to MVP
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to figure things out on the fly
- Believes in winning by helping others succeed
Commitment To Diversity
We view empathy as a competitive advantage, which is why we value a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and other under-represented groups to apply. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.=