- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
- Business Development
- Business Applications
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence. We’ve come a long way in a short space of time: doubling our global team to 95+ people, bringing on board multiple top-tier Enterprise clients (including some of the world’s largest Financial Services institutions), and having Index Ventures lead our $17m Series A round all in the past 12 months. What’s even more exciting to us, is that our Cutover journey is just getting started...
We’re scaling our Customer Journey Organisation [CJO = the term we give to all of our teams focused on driving Cutover’s revenue] in a big way in early 2021, and we’re excited to bring in another talented addition to our Enterprise Business Development team. We see this part of our CJO as the strategic engine room of our commercial operations, being equally comfortable opening doors to new opportunities, collaborating with our marketing & demand generation functions to execute strategies, partnering with our most senior Account Directors to ideate on account close-plans, and honing full cycle sales skills with some key account management duties, too.
What we’d like you to bring to the table for this role…
- You’ve ideally had several consecutive quarters of success in a new business software sales role, ideally in a start-up and/or scale-up environment (you’re used to the ambiguity that hypergrowth environments can often bring!).
- You’ve likely been in a software sales role for 2+ years (or you’ve held a commercially-focused role in a different industry and have more recently pivoted into software sales).
- You’ve worked closely with Senior Account Executives in the past and have a track record of adding value to deal cycles outside of simply generating new opportunities.
- You can demonstrate how you’ve been successful selling/prospecting into very senior decision makers (ideally SVP and C-Level): your approach to written and spoken communications is nuanced, mature and credible.
- You’ve ideally worked in a business selling complex SaaS products to high-value Enterprise and Strategic Accounts: you’ve developed a solid understanding of the complexity and nuance of Enterprise Deal Cycles & have excellent research skills.
- You’re structured and focused in the way you approach time management: you can demonstrate that you’re able to hit your activity-based metrics, while leaving time for more strategic work, too.
- Our hyperfocus accounts are mostly within Financial Services, so if you’ve had experience selling into large banks and insurance companies, that would really make your profile stand out. That said, we’re expanding into new verticals in 2021, so if you have a strong track record of success selling into other industries, we’d be very interested to hear about that, too.
- You’re a skilled user of much of the modern salesperson’s toolkit and will be able to hit the ground running using platforms such as Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, MixMax, Lusha, etc.
- The opportunities you’ll have to learn & grow at Cutover...
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling Commercial Organisation, with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- You’ll work alongside some incredibly talented commercial leadership: decades of diverse experience and mentorship will be on tap.
- You’ll avail of some best-in-class commercial training: we’ve designed our own Sales Training Program and are always keen to leverage external training resources to upskill our team.
- You’ll be given a motivating compensation and commission plan to reward you for your stellar work and you’ll be allocated share options in a Series A business backed by a truly world-class investment team at Index Ventures (we’re all co-owners and are genuinely invested in Cutover’s future success).
- You’ll have a strong benefits plan: 25 days of PTO (+ Bank Holidays), top-tier private healthcare with Vitality, a solid pension offering with Aviva, work-from-home stipends (we’re going to continue as a remote-first team for the forseeable), and all the company swag you could ever need.