- Date Posted
- Jun. 9, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence. We’ve come a long way in a short space of time: doubling our global team to 100 people, bringing on board multiple top-tier Enterprise clients (including some of the world’s largest Financial Services institutions), and having Eldridge lead our recent $35m Series B round all in the past 12 months. What’s even more exciting to us, is that our Cutover journey is just getting started!
We’re scaling our Technology organization in a big way in 2021 and we’re super keen to bring in our first Senior Data Engineer into the team. We’d love to find a talented, passionate, team-focused front end engineer who is excited to take responsibility for data pipelining, data collection and creating data structures to enable analysis and reporting.
What data stack do we have here at Cutover?
Cutover currently uses Looker for Data Visualization and Analysis, Amazon Redshift for Warehousing and FiveTran/Ahoy for pipelining. The Cutover App has several systems for data collection, including Datadog, Heap and Salesforce, and a growing number of operational systems.
Our Cutover Enterprise platform consists of a real-time, responsive web application (currently being migrated from AngularJS to React) talking to a Ruby on Rails RESTful API and a Postgres database, all hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our automated testing is done using Jest and Jasmine (and RSpec for the Backend), with Selenium being used for end-to-end testing.
- What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You’re likely a passionate Data Engineer who’s excited to collect, store and transform data so that it may be used by Data Analysts and consumed by stakeholders throughout Cutover. You ideally have 5+ years of experience (although we’re not fixed to exact numbers and dates).
- You have expertise and experience in working with PostgreSQL and Amazon Redshift, and are comfortable learning new technologies for Data Collection, ETL and Visualization as our stack develops. This may mean learning how to get data from numerous sources for presentation in Looker.
- You’re excited about working alongside Cloud Engineering, InfoSec and Product Engineering to deliver a service that can be used by Product, Engineering and Commercial Stakeholders.
- You’re both a mentor and a lifelong-learner at heart: you always have time to chat things through with junior engineers and interns, you want to throw ideas around with your team-mates, and you’re always keen to hear new opinions and upskill in new technologies.
- You have a desire to be more “analytical” than the average Data Engineer. We would like you and the new data team to work closely together to grow what Data and Analysis at Cutover means and expand it’s usage through the organization.
- The opportunities you’ll have to learn & grow at Cutover...
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling Technology Organization with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- We want to support you to get even better at your craft: if you need support on the learning and development side of things, just ask. We want to build your skills and keep you learning!
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working. We’re all adults, so let’s make this a trusting environment together: do great work, and build an office+home schedule that suits your own scenario (although, given the current scenario, we’re all committed to a remote-first way of working for the foreseeable future).
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us here at Cutover, especially after the last 12 months we’ve had; if you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions, through to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms (and lots more in between)
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation & perks/benefits package (top-tier private health insurance, a solid pension offering, plenty of support for remote-work, and much more), alongside allocated share options in a Series B business backed by a truly world-class investment team at Eldridge: we’re all co-owners and are genuinely invested in Cutover’s future success.