- Date Posted
- Jun. 1, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Front End Software Engineer at Cutover, UK
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. We’ve just announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We’re scaling our Technology organization in a big way in 2021 and we’re super keen to bring some more mid-level Front End Engineering talent into the team. We’d love to find a talented, passionate, team-focused front end engineer who is excited to take responsibility for a broad array of our future technology plans.
What tech stack do we have here at Cutover?
Our Cutover Enterprise platform consists of a responsive AngularJS (and increasingly React) frontend talking to a Ruby on Rails API, hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our automated testing is done using Jest and Jasmine (and RSpec for the Backend), with Selenium being used for end-to-end testing.
- What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You have an interest in (and perhaps even expertise) in the world of Cloud Engineering; bonus points if you can bring some strong experience with AWS to the table.
- You’re excited about bringing extra layers of shine and polish to products; you’re rigorous in the way you test features and you’re committed to making the product you’re building the best it can possibly be (you’ll be someone who aims to build strong relationships with Test Engineers from day one).
- You’re both a mentor and a lifelong-learner at heart: you always have time to chat things through with junior engineers and interns, you want to throw ideas around with your team-mates, and you’re always keen to hear new opinions and upskill in new technologies.
- You have a desire to be more “commercial” than the average SaaS company engineer: we want our engineers to get involved with client-facing work and problem solving on occasion (it makes sense to know how people are using the platform we’ve built, right?)
- The opportunities you’ll have to learn & grow at Cutover...
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling Technology Organization with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- We want to support you to get even better at your craft: if you need support on the learning and development side of things, just ask. We want to build your skills and keep you learning!
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working. We’re all adults, so let’s make this a trusting environment together: do great work, and build an office+home schedule that suits your own scenario (although, given the current scenario, we’re all committed to a remote-first way of working for the foreseeable future).
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us here at Cutover, especially after the last 12 months we’ve had; if you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions, through to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms (and lots more in between)
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation & perks/benefits package (top-tier private health insurance, a solid pension offering, plenty of support for remote-work, and much more), alongside allocated share options in a Series A business backed by a truly world-class investment team at Index Ventures: we’re all co-owners and are genuinely invested in Cutover’s future success.