- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Business Applications
Location: This is a UK based role. We’re moving forward with a choice-led approach to hybrid working at Cutover, so you’ll balance your time between home and our Shoreditch office.
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. This year we announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
Many companies grow quickly, but very few grow sustainably. Here on the Cutover People Team, we care deeply about building the foundations that will enable us to scale our headcount to meet our ambitious business goals, without compromising on creating an inclusive, equitable and balanced work environment. We’re searching for a Lead People Partner to play a senior and highly cross-functional role in our People team, taking the lead on many of the core building blocks of a successful scale-up People Strategy.
Our Lead People Partner’s key areas of responsibility and ownership:
- Take ownership of the end-to-end performance review and feedback process at Cutover, evolving our current approach to scale with the needs of a company growing from 150 to 300+ employees over the coming 18 months.
- Act as an internal coach, advisor and collaborator to our Management team; you’ll work side-by-side with key leaders across our technology, commercial and business operations functions, on team planning, organisational design, team dynamics, and managing team/individual performance.
- Be an open, compassionate and fair sounding board for the broader company - you’ll understand the importance of balancing your strategic and leadership-focused work as a People Leader with spending time with team members from across the business when they need to talk.
- Lead on the important, but admittedly less glamorous(!), side of HR at Cutover - working closely with our VP People, VP Legal and InfoSec team on the creation and development of core People Policies that will enable the business to scale sustainably and securely, while ensuring we don’t lose the sense of fairness and empathy that we’ve prioritised in our growth to date.
- Collaborate closely with our VP People & Finance Leadership to design and execute the next generation of our Cutover Total Reward philosophy, ensuring that we have the right recipe to attract and retain world class talent of all seniority levels and skill-sets as we scale through Series C, D and beyond.
- Be the ‘bar raiser’ when it comes to putting Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do at Cutover; you’ll be a key voice in ensuring that every step of our employee experience lifecycle is equitable and inclusive.
- What would make you a great candidate for this role?
- You’ve played a leading role in a scale-up People/HR team before (ideally in more than one quickly scaling technology company) and have been accountable for the end-to-end success of multiple strategic People initiatives;
- You have a deep understanding of HR Practice and Employment Law in both the UK and the USA (ideally, you’ll have operating experience in New York, where a significant number of our team is based);
- You have proven experience playing the role of Business Partner to senior leaders on both the commercial and technical sides of your previous companies. You’ve learned to navigate the nuance and complexity of building People processes and programs that resonate with engineers, salespeople, marketings, operations pros, and everyone in between;
- You’ve designed and executed companywide performance and feedback cycles (or have been a leading part of a team that has done so) and have strong opinions on how to build a process that is fair, engaging and optimises for high-performance, without needing to drown everyone in red tape;
- You’re a keen HR Technologist and are data-informed in the way you work: you’re well versed in selecting the right data to measure performance of People programs and make decisions. You understand that leading with data is a crucial part of your role, but you subscribe to the mindset that there will always be a mix of art and science in scale-up People Operations work;
- You’re tech-literate, with a strong level of expertise utilizing best-in-class HR Technology platforms, as well as being a highly proficient user of the Google suite of products;
- Our Lead People Partner will play a senior role at Cutover, so we’re thinking that great candidates will likely have 8+ years of People/HR experience, ideally with at least 3 years of people management experience in their background, too (this is a role that will begin to hire and lead a team in the very near future).
- What can you expect from Cutover’s total compensation package?
- In addition to receiving a top-of-market cash compensation plan, we want all of our team members to feel a genuine sense of ownership in what we’re building here at Cutover and we’re excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 25 days of paid holiday per year + 8 Bank Holidays, and we want you to take all of them.
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working and are adopting a choice-led hybrid approach to how we operate.
- We’re committed to cover a bulk of the total cost of health insurance with company-funded employee Private Medical Insurance via Vitality.
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly.
- If you’re thinking of starting or growing your family, then you’ll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we’ve built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we’re proud of.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidized therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.