- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
To be based in either London or New York.
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. We’ve just announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We’re scaling up our Marketing team in a big way in 2021 and are excited to start the search for a creative and dynamic Product Marketing Leader to propel us forward. Our VP Product Marketing will lead and grow our global Product Marketing function, playing a key driving role in Cutover’s future growth, leading the positioning of our platform and use cases in the marketplace and building a world class team.
Reporting to Cutover’s CMO, our VP Product Marketing will drive Cutover’s messaging, content creation, and go-to-market across our platform. We’re seeing this role as a core part of our commercial leadership team and as being the ‘connective tissue’ between the go-to-market and technical sides of our business. We’re looking for a highly experienced people leader, with a great breadth of Enterprise Software product marketing experience under their belt and the creative flair to grow Cutover into a category defining platform which adds huge incremental value to the world’s most iconic companies.
- What will you be doing as our VP Product Marketing?
- Developing positioning and messaging that differentiates the Cutover platform and its use cases in the market.
- Leading cross-functional go-to-market planning and execution, by gaining a deep understanding of our audience’s needs, our core use cases, industry analysts’ perception of our niche, our differentiated positioning, and the language that will articulate our message in the most impactful way.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to build intelligence on competitive offerings, enhance our positioning, and train our Revenue teams on how to win against our competitors.
- Leading a market intelligence program to validate Cutover’s market opportunity, and develop actionable insights from engagements with industry analysts and customers to inform the optimisation of our content and campaigns.
- Working collaboratively with our Product and Revenue teams to generate a pipeline of compelling and relevant thought leadership and product content, including whitepapers, webinars, blog articles, demos, and other materials.
- Educating the Revenue teams on our market, value proposition, and product capabilities; you’ll be a key partner to our Sales Enablement team, collaborating closely with them to build a sales tool kit to ensure our sellers are armed with what they need to win.
- Working with the broader Marketing team to support the development of programs that increase market awareness and demand generation, focused on Land and Expand plays.
- Partnering with Customer Success to develop campaigns that will drive successful onboarding, adoption and usage of Cutover by the users of our platform; you’ll also be hands on in developing relationships with many of our key customers and will play a key role in converting them into passionate Cutover advocates.
- Develop methodologies and a repeatable playbook that establish industry best practice in Product Marketing.
- Managing, mentoring and developing a global team of Cutover marketing professionals; you’ll take the lead on hiring, onboarding and growing the next chapter of Cutover Product Marketers, too.
- What experience and skill sets would we like to see?
- You’ll have deep experience in a Product Marketing Leadership role in the Enterprise Software space; we’re thinking you’re likely to have 10+ years of Product Marketing experience (integrated marketing experience would be a plus), with at least 4 years of that time spent leading a team. If you’ve spent most of your time building teams in quickly growing scale-up companies, that would be a big bonus, too.
- You’ll be a compelling storyteller with a strategic and analytical mindset; you have deep experience engaging and educating senior customers and prospects and you’re adept at presenting to clients in conference/seminar/roundtable settings as well as 1:1.
- You’ll ideally have experience conducting primary customer research and win/loss interviews: you deeply understand Product Marketing’s role in the feedback cycle.
- You’ll have a deep understanding of the marketing and/or product tech category, with previous experience serving as a subject matter expert.
- Creating value propositions and messaging strategies for technical software solutions will be something you’ve done successfully numerous times.
- You’ve built and led teams through times of rapid change and growth; you’re comfortable setting clear goals, setting global teams up for success, and you really respect the craft of people leadership.
- If you’ve spent a portion of your career in the SaaS or Fintech space, that would be an added bonus.
- The opportunities you’ll have to learn & grow at Cutover...
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling organization, with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- Learning, development and personal growth are all important themes for us at Cutover; you’ll be empowered to build out your own learning plan, with budget given for courses, conferences and anything else that you feel is relevant to your growth here.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us here at Cutover, especially after the past 18 months we’ve all had; if you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions, through to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms (and lots more in between).
- We’ll provide you with a competitive compensation & perks/benefits package (top-tier private health insurance, a solid pension offering, plenty of support for remote-work, and much more), alongside allocated share options in a Series B business backed by a truly world-class investment team at Index Ventures & Eldrige: we’re all co-owners and are genuinely invested in Cutover’s future success.