- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. We’ve just announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We’re scaling our Technology organisation in a big way in 2021 and we’re super keen to bring some more mid-level Full Stack Engineering talent into the team. We’d love to find a talented, passionate, team-focused engineer who is excited to take responsibility for a broad array of our future technology plans.
What tech stack do we have here at Cutover?
Our Cutover Enterprise platform consists of a responsive AngularJS (and increasingly React) frontend talking to a Ruby on Rails API, hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our automated testing is done using Jest and Jasmine (and RSpec for the Backend), with Selenium being used for end-to-end testing.
- What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You have an interest in (and perhaps even expertise) in the world of Cloud Engineering; bonus points if you can bring some strong experience with AWS to the table.
- You’re excited about bringing extra layers of shine and polish to products; you’re rigorous in the way you test features and you’re committed to making the product you’re building the best it can possibly be (you’ll be someone who aims to build strong relationships with Test Engineers from day one).
- You’re both a mentor and a lifelong-learner at heart: you always have time to chat things through with junior engineers and interns, you want to throw ideas around with your team-mates, and you’re always keen to hear new opinions and upskill in new technologies.
- You have a desire to be more “commercial” than the average SaaS company engineer: we want our engineers to get involved with client-facing work and problem solving on occasion (it makes sense to know how people are using the platform we’ve built, right?)
- What will your adventure here look like?
- Helping us to develop, test, and ship at pace.
- Encouraging and readily giving and receiving feedback to help your team, manager, and wider stakeholders.
- Working cross-functionally with product and design to discover and build solutions that are scalable and performant.
- Prioritising best practices, keeping everything you do up-to-date, secure and compliant by default; recommending approaches, and providing timeline estimates.
- Developing a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
- Forging the next step in your career journey, taking advantage of every learning opportunity that comes along!
The good stuff…
- You’ll be given a solid compensation plan, with share options included.
- You’ll have a strong benefits plan: 25 days of PTO (+ bank holidays), a top-tier private health insurance package, a 5% pension contribution, a learning and development allowance, and all the company swag you could ever need.
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working. We provide work from home stipends, and we have built a trusting environment together: do great work, and build an office+home schedule that suits your scenario.
- You’ll get to learn from some pretty cool people across Cutover’s global business - we have an incredibly diverse array of leaders here, and you’ll benefit from hundreds(!) of cumulative years of top-tier experience on your doorstep.
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling Technology organisation with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidised therapy sessions, through to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms (and lots more in between)
Interviewing with us
Through our interview process, we aim for you to hear more about the challenges we work on and the problems we look to solve; to give you a great experience while meeting our team; and to ensure you leave with a good understanding of life here at Cutover!
Over three steps via Zoom, you’ll be meeting a member of our People team, future teammates, and two of our senior leadership team in engineering. We’re not fans of take-home exercises and we won’t ask you to spend any time outside of interviews on this.