- New York
- Date Posted
- May. 25, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. We’ve just announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
We’re scaling our Technology organization in a big way in 2021 and we’re super keen to bring some more Cloud Engineering talent into the team. We’d love to find a talented, passionate, team-focused engineer who is excited to take responsibility for a broad array of our future technology plans.
What tech stack do we use here at Cutover?
Our Cutover Enterprise platform consists of a responsive AngularJS (and increasingly ReactJS) frontend talking to a Ruby on Rails API, hosted on Amazon Web Services. Our Cloud Engineers will be working mostly with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Jenkins, Git and Ansible; there’ll be some scripting in Ruby on occasions, too.
- What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You’re excited to work with our tech stack as a whole and you can demonstrate a deep experience working with our Cloud Engineering stack, and more specifically Kubernetes.
- You’re keen on following DevOps practices and you’re highly collaborative: you’ll be working with our broader tech team to identify opportunities to improve how our infra is engineered, ensuring we’re using the best tools for the job at hand, and dialling in fast, straightforward processes (the less fluff in our processes, the better!).
- You live for delivery and always try to raise the bar to find quick and efficient delivery paths in all environments (you’ll be excited to take charge of engineering automated processes to make our efficient delivery dreams come true).
- You’re a problem solver at heart: you’ll be a key point of call when things take a turn for the worse in our cloud environment (whether that be little niggles or full blown red-flashing-light-craziness!), so a cool, calm, collected mindset and a desire to diagnose and solve tricky issues should be part of your DNA.
- You have a desire to be more “commercial” than the average SaaS company engineer: we want our engineers to get involved with client-facing work and problem solving on occasion (it makes sense to know how people are using the thing we’ve built, right?)
- The good stuff...
- You’ll be given a solid compensation plan, with share options included.
- You’ll have a strong benefits plan: 20 days of PTO (+ NY Public Holidays), a top-tier private health insurance package, 401k contribution plan, and all the company swag you could ever need.
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working. We provide work from home stipends, and we have built a trusting environment together: do great work, and build an office+home schedule that suits your scenario.
- We want to support you to get even better at your craft: if you need support on the learning and development side of things, just ask. We want to build your skills and keep you learning!
- You’ll also get to learn from some pretty cool people across Cutover’s global business - we have an incredibly diverse array of leaders here, and you’ll benefit from hundreds(!) of cumulative years of top-tier experience on your doorstep.
- You’ll be part of an early stage, rapidly scaling Technology Organization with a meritocratic approach: we want to promote and retain our top performers.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidized therapy sessions, through to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms (and lots more in between)
Interviewing with us
Through our interview process, we aim for you to hear more about the challenges we work on and the problems we look to solve; to give you a great experience while meeting our team; and to ensure you leave with a good understanding of life here at Cutover!
Over three steps via Zoom, you’ll be meeting a member of our People team, future teammates, and two of our senior leadership team in engineering. We’re not fans of take-home exercises and we won’t ask you to spend any time outside of interviews on this.