- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Cutover, we’re focused on helping Enterprise teams move quickly with confidence, so we’ve built the world’s first enterprise-wide work orchestration and observability platform that enables seamless human and machine collaboration. We’ve just announced a $35 million Series B financing round led by Eldridge (alongside existing investors Index Ventures, Sussex Place Ventures, and Contour Ventures) and we’re thrilled to be embarking on our next exciting chapters of growth.
What does this role mean to us?
Cutover allows our clients to extend the value of all their existing tools and bring all their data onto one platform, automate time-consuming, manual tasks, and gain visibility of everything going on across the organisation. Our clients rely on clear, well-defined guides and documentation to configure and use our platform.
You will play a key part in transforming our existing customer-facing and internal documentation into a high-quality, well-written, information repository on our Cutover product lines that have been presented in the clearest and most logical way. Your work will be crucial to the success of our next stage of growth.
- What will you be doing as our Technical Writer?
- Working with our product and engineering teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of how each of our integrations works.
- Writing easy-to-understand documentation for all our core features and integrations including how-to guides and instruction manuals.
- Reviewing documents written by developers / PMs for a particular API and suggest changes / seek clarity to externalize the same documents.
- Researching and building your knowledge about our products, services, technologies, and/or concepts that may need to be documented for each integration.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts in order to ensure that specialised topics are appropriately addressed, discussed, and documented.
- Working with our customer success and marketing teams to ensure that documentation meets market requirements and are of high quality.
- What we’d like you to bring to the table…
- You enjoy technical writing and have the ability to use your persuasive presentation and storytelling skills to show the endless possibilities of creating unique value with both open source and commercial offerings.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to easily communicate with a range of technical folk and cross-functional teams.
- You have experience in the writing and proofreading of content, especially technology-related content.
- You have experience using and extracting snippets from API documentation tools such as Swagger/OpenAPI.
- You have good knowledge of REST APIs.
- You have experience in using American English as a primary written language.
- You have some experience with helping to create sample code in one or more programming languages.
The good stuff…
- You’ll be given a solid compensation plan. We want all of our team members to feel a genuine sense of ownership in what we’re building here at Cutover. We’re excited to offer Share Options as part of our compensation package.
- 25 days paid holiday per year + 8 Bank Holidays, and we want you to take all of them!
- We believe in a flexible, autonomous way of working. We provide work from home stipends, and we have built a trusting environment together: do great work, and build an office+home schedule that suits your scenario.
- We’re committed to cover a bulk of the total cost of health insurance with company-funded employee Private Medical Insurance via Vitality.
- A personal learning and development budget through Learnerbly.
- If you’re thinking of starting or growing your family, then you’ll be in great company - more than half of our team are parents and we’ve built a globally consistent parental leave approach that we’re proud of.
- Safeguarding the mental health of our teams is paramount for us. If you’d like to, then you’ll be able to avail yourself of multiple Cutover mental health initiatives, from fully subsidized therapy sessions to subscriptions to leading wellbeing platforms.
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- All the company swag you could ever need.