- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Business Intelligence
At Datadog, we’re on a mission to build the best monitoring platform in the world. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—and high availability, providing always-on alerting, visualization, and tracing for our customers’ infrastructure and applications around the globe.
We are building out a first-class Internal Analytics department composed of Data Engineers, Software Engineers, Analytics Engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists. We ensure all teams at Datadog can easily self-serve the data and report they need to drive their projects and make decisions. If you’re excited to work on a fast-moving team using cutting-edge open-source technologies to collect, store, transform, analyze, and model data, we want to meet you.
- Contribute to building the data modeling layer, which exposes clean transformed data to the whole company for analytics, based on our best-in-class code style guide
- Apply software engineering best practices to analytics code such as version control, testing, and continuous integration
- Develop and communicate strong opinions about best practices in Analytics Engineering with our community of Data Analysts
- Automate processes around access to data & analytics using APIs and Python scripts
- Put in place solid analytics training for all Datadog teams so they can learn how to use data to answer questions and build analytics reporting for their team without assistance
- Help build actionable foundational reporting used by many teams at Datadog to make strategic decisions
- You have 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst and mastered data analysis and visualization in a Business Intelligence tools such as Metabase, Looker, or Tableau
- You are fluent in writing analytical SQL, are able to write complex queries with no assistance, understand the difference between SQL that works and performant SQL.
- You have worked with a data transformation tool such as dbt
- You have experience using the command line and Git
- You are a clear, concise communicator and can explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- You have a natural curiosity and investigative mindset - driven to know “why”
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment and thrive on both autonomy and collaboration
- You have some experience with data warehouses such as Redshift, BigQuery, or Snowflake
- You have some experience with working with APIs and a programming language such as Python
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.