- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at a high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The SLO App team builds and owns the SLO product, which provides measurable service level objectives and indicators for customers’ services. We also provide burn rate measurement for these SLOs and alerting and notification for said SLOs and burn rates. We work at every level of the stack to own products end-to-end: ingesting and processing data, high throughput storage and query, and live APIs and visualization.
As Senior Software Engineer on the SLO App team, you will work on a fast-moving team on hard systems problems and contribute to the products end-to-end. You’ll use the latest open-source technology to build distributed, high throughput, low latency systems. You will help design and architect our complex backend systems for SLOs and burn rates.
- Code new and existing services to scale out our events platform pipelines in Go/Python
- Contribute to the design of the slo / burn rate and surrounding systems
- Debug and solve challenging cross-systems issues in production
- Help improve our engineering tooling and practices
- Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field plus 4+ years of experience in software engineering.
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have designed or architected complex backend systems.
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You’ve worked at a high scale with systems like Elasticsearch, Cassandra or Kafka.
- You have significant experience with Go or Python