- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As an engineer on our Developer Efficiency team, you’ll work on our sophisticated dev environment, our build, test, and deploy tools, and anything else you can think of that will let us ship faster and more safely! This team gives Datadog a competitive advantage in engineering velocity and resiliency.
You will work with product teams to meet the evolving needs of our high-throughput, low-latency distributed systems. The decisions you make will have a significant impact not only on our development velocity, but that of our customers.
We’re looking for developers who can’t help but notice and improve the efficiency of workflows and tools. If the idea of making tests run in 30 seconds instead of 5 minutes, and making the code easier to read while you’re at it sounds exciting, we’d love to talk!
- You like a mix of coding, ops, and wiring together the right low level pieces; whatever’s the best way to solve the problem at hand
- You’re comfortable diving into new code bases when needed
- You know when you can move fast, and which changes need extra care
- You have a strong focus and commitment to the evolving needs of engineering teams
- You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
- You speak Python and/or Go
- You have experience working on dev tools or a complex CI/CD pipeline
- You’ve worked with Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Terraform, and/or Gitlab before
- You have SRE experience
- In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary.
The Software Engineer - Developer Efficiency has an annual starting salary of $65,000, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.