- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
- Coach other engineers to craft quantitative models of their systems’ performance and cost,
- Solve gnarly performance issues that nobody else has been able to crack,
- Build tools that help you in your everyday analysis,
- Share interesting findings with the community at large,
- Split your time 50/50 between proactive and reactive performance analysis.
- You have strong foundational knowledge of modern, distributed computing.
- You have a proven track record of understanding the performance of large-scale services, quantitatively and in fine details.
- Profilers, debuggers, tracers hide no secrets from you, especially in a linux environment.
- You display persistence, focus and creativity to get to the bottom of the matter at issue.
- You communicate well and your enthusiasm for the craft is contagious.
- You have a strong background in statistics.
- You value observability and monitoring.
- You are familiar with cloud-based or very large-scale infrastructure.