- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 27, 2021
- Software Engineering
We’re on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Technical Writing & Documentation team at Datadog falls under our Community organization here at Datadog. On this team, you will be collaborating with both Evangelism & Education teams to drive the documentation efforts, as well updating our engineering blogs. The team is located in various locations around the world, including both our New York & Paris offices.
We are seeking technical writers who will drive our documentation efforts in collaboration with both internal engineering groups and our wider open source developer community. We are a team of engineers and evangelists who focus on enabling Datadog’s user and developer community to build great things on Datadog’s cloud monitoring platform. In this role you will be hands on with the technologies Datadog monitors, as you create new and improve existing documentation for our APIs, SDKs, and community developed integrations.
- Partner with our engineering teams to create public user documentation throughout the application development life cycle.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation.
- Create developer facing documentation and training materials for Datadog’s SDKs and APIs to foster the growth of our developer community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
- You have publicly available technical writing samples.
- You are fluent reading and writing in at least 2 programming languages. (eg Ruby, Python, Go, bash).
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as IaaS cloud services and containers.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You have written or managed server-side software.
- You are able to transform dry technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting educational materials.
- You have experience producing videos which distill complex technical concepts into content easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You enjoy public speaking at meetups, conferences, and internal events.