- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
The Office Manager is responsible for creating a Great Place to Work for our employees. This includes not only taking care of the facilities but also looking after local benefits, events, celebrations, and all contracts and services related to people’s well-being and workplace management. This position is part of the HR team which goes along with the expectation of being a strong ambassador of our organizational culture.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure a Great Place To Work;
- Coordinate insurances, contracts, and trade license renewals;
- Manage supplier contracts (cleaning, printing, maintenance, coffee, drinks, waste disposal, mobile plans, etc) locally on related reporting to the HQ in the UK;
- Facilities budget management;
- Responsible for petty cash including end of month summary;
- Responsible for other financials such as check books, petty cash & invoice payments;
- Event management for quarterly gatherings and any other occasions worth celebrating as a team;
- Support Global Health and Safety Manager by improving current processes and implementing new measures, including first aid training and equipment, emergency evacuation procedures, Covid precautionary measures, ergonomic office set up, and similar;
- Monthly workplace inspections including checks of all first aid boxes and fire equipment with monthly documentation, manage stock of first aid supplies;
- Contractor management, incl. Partnership development to ensure best service and conditions and escalation management in case of any issues or complaints;
- Solve IT issues where they arise, escalating to HQ if required
- Maintain laptop/desktop register;
- Workspace management by ensuring the office space is used effectively, maintain meeting room calendars/iPads,
- Ordering office supplies such drinks & snacks, overseeing security systems including access cards (activating and deactivating) and CCTV, post/shipment organization;
- Supporting the team with ad-hoc duties and projects to include offsites, office moves and helpdesk roll outs (when required).
- Thinking outside the box, looking at new and innovative ways to provide a world class facilities service;
- Passion for people, numbers, and systems;
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, orientated on results - while retaining all relevant information.
- Knowledge of Workday would be an advantage;
- HR experience in E-commerce & technology industry will be an advantage.
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.