- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
As our team grows, maintaining and nurturing our culture and keeping everything running smoothly is no small task. That’s why we’re looking for a passionate, highly organised and detail focused Office Manager/EA to join our team. This role will draw on your range of skills; you’ll be an events planner, executive assistant and office manager rolled into one. You will be proactive and confident in communicating with all levels across the business, juggling conflicting priorities and supporting our senior leaders in scheduling and administrative tasks.
You will report to our Head of People and work closely with our CEO and Leadership team as well as all of our interstate teams. This role is based in our Melbourne HQ and pending government restrictions will be working from home in the interim.
Does this sound like you? Are you getting excited? Read on….
You will have a direct impact on the employee experience across our multiple offices ensuring that our teams are supported and have everything they need to succeed whether working from home or in the office. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- You will provide high-level executive and administrative support to the general manager and leadership team.
- Manages complex and changing diaries for the general manager and other senior leaders, including scheduling, negotiating appointments and meetings and organising associated and supporting documentation where required.
- General help managing documentation, creating presentations, processing expense reports and approving on behalf of GM, proof-reading, budgeting and raising POs
- Manage the day to day operations of our Melbourne HQ and provide support to our interstate offices in Sydney, Brisbane & Perth; being the point of contact for all facilities requests, liaising with building management and managing vendors while ensuring compliance and safety standards are met
- You’ll coordinate effective meetings; organising and collating meeting agendas, taking minutes to distribute and coordinating follow up actions. This includes room bookings, meeting room and VC set up.
- Maintain and upkeep the office including all amenities to ensure they are in a presentable condition and support a productive working environment.
- Book national and international travel, accommodation, car services; ensuring appropriate visas are obtained (when we can travel again!)
- Utilise your expertise in troubleshooting IT issues on the ground supported by our global IT team, manage procurement and asset management whilst facilitating allocation and returns of equipment ensuring our team has the equipment to do their best work
- Events planning: offsites, team events and activities from venue hire, food delivery and evening events - your inner event planner would thrive on this
- Manage ordering Friday lunches from our restaurant partners in addition to ensuring that our pantry is stocked with healthy snacks and drinks for our teams.
- Work with the people team on space planning, seating plans and managing relocations as required.
- Ownership of the accounts payable function of the Australian business; liaising with suppliers, raising PO’s and following up on payments with our London finance team.
- We succeed as a team; you will collaborate globally across cross functional teams including the People Team, IT & Security to ensure our team is supported and all office needs are met.
- We never say it’s not my job and live this value to the fullest, being able to jump in when and where required for projects and adhocs tasks.
Skills you’ll need…
- You have previous experience as an office manager or executive assistant in a fast paced changing environment
- Your organisational skills are the creme de la creme and support you to work efficiently, prioritise your tasks and achieve your goals.
- You’ll have facetime with senior leaders, so you’ll need to be confident and clear at communicating
- You are a problem solver; you think ahead and act on your ideas, anticipating issues before they arise
- You are resilient and adaptable allowing you to remain calm under pressure and adapt to change whilst understanding the need to move quickly
- You are an excellent multi-tasker who manages your time effectively enabling you to ruthlessly prioritise and anticipate the needs of others.
- You are solution focused, enjoy a challenge and don’t need to be instructed what to do
- You approach your life with a growth mindset to embrace challenges and you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas, thinking of innovative ways to make Deliveroo Australia the best place to work
- You have bags of emotional intelligence which can be used to excite and motivate the team members around you while they enjoy the amazing facilities and activities we have on offer.
- You are confident and proficient in Google for Business and Microsoft products (GMail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc), Slack and Workplace
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home and a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Our team is currently working from home in line with the current government advice relating to COVID19; benefits related to working from the office will be available when we return back to the office.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Diversity and Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.