- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Business Development
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Food Procurement Business development Lead you will have the opportunity to help Deliveroo restaurant partners save money on their most significant expense; the cost of goods sold (COGS). At Deliveroo we pride ourselves on delivering great food to people when and where they want. Additionally, the food procurement team prides itself on providing our restaurants with great quality ingredients at a fraction of the cost.
This is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with restaurant partners, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Own the Food Procurement teams communication and sales enablement strategy and plan including content planning, mapping, management and analysis
- Evaluate, define and manage the commercial processes and communications to increase sales efficiency including process performance analytics and optimization.
- Working with the UK Food Procurement Manager to monitor and respond to key performance indicators and conduct root cause analysis on variances to ensure that the sales team is performing at optimum levels and maximizing effectiveness and efficiency.
- Can make things happen - Solid track record of getting things done
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail and a passion for presenting data and information in clear, compelling ways to communicate concepts and desired outcomes. Ability to influence multiple stakeholders internally as well as externally
- A deeply curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Showpad and other CRM, sales tools
- Experience within a Sales Operations team focusing on sales enablement in a fast moving, high growth setting
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.