- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Business Development
FOOD PROCUREMENT Business Development Manager
Job Posting, Q2 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Food Procurement Business Development Manager you will have the opportunity to help Deliveroo restaurant partners save money on their most significant expense; the cost of goods sold (COGS). At Deliveroo we pride ourselves on delivering great food to people when and where they want. Additionally, the food procurement team prides itself on providing our restaurants with great quality ingredients at a fraction of the cost.
This is a great opportunity to become a critical member of a rapidly growing business in a competitive market. You’ll be responsible for building relationships with restaurant partners, improving our proposition for customers and identifying ways to continue our fast growth. This is an excellent role for an outgoing and commercial individual who enjoys building relationships.
What you’ll be doing
- Prospect, pitch and close restaurants across the UK in a very methodical and organised fashion. This means being an expert including knowing the up and coming restaurants
- Communicate (physical visits, emails, calls, social media) with restaurants to demonstrate Deliveroo technology
- Oversee the restaurant on-boarding process to Food Procurement to ensure it is as quick, efficient and seamless as possible
Number of restaurants signed up to Deliveroo Food Procurement
- Be comfortable with targeting new business and have proven sales experience in a fast moving environment
- Have experience and confidence pitching things they’re passionate about
- Have great communication skills whether it be face to face, through phone or email
- Be able to persuasively demonstrate product and industry knowledge to clients
- Be able to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- Have an interest in all things food and restaurants
- Be tenacious and self-motivated
- Have restaurant experience (Preferred)
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.