- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Business Development
Deliveroo for Business (DFB) is on a path to be the next billion-dollar business unit at Deliveroo. As Deliveroo for Business Lead, you will have the opportunity to lead our B2B function in Singapore. You will manage the sales and account management areas to deliver amazing food experiences at work. You will work closely with the local and international leadership teams in order to strategise and execute ambitious plans and you will be the owner of the full corporate P&L for Singapore. We are only just getting started so we are looking for a talented individual who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our goals.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee corporate sales and account management in Singapore to grow our B2B business;
- Manage key accounts directly and strategise on how to build strong B2B relationships and grow our portfolio in Singapore;
- Work with local and HQ management to make sure your team’s priorities are aligned with local and global Deliveroo goals;
- Work with the heads of operations and customer service to streamline processes and deliver great experiences for existing clients;
- Liaise with the marketing team to roll out corporate marketing initiatives;
- Take ownership over the full P&L and strategise on how to hit top line and bottom line targets;
- Participate in calls and off-sites with other international corporate heads to share best-practices.
You have a natural commercial attitude, understand the corporate world, and are customer-obsessed. You also are:
- A talented commercial professional
- You have +3 years of experience in a B2B commercial role
- You have a track record of achieving and surpassing commercial targets
- A strategic thinker, communicator and negotiator:
- You have strong analytical and organisational skills
- A demonstrated ability to design strategic plans and execute on goals with high impact results
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation and project management skills
- You are an empathetic leader, who can not only build but also mentor and inspire a team
- A relentless executor, motivated and process-driven:
- You exhibit an ability to motivate and self-motivate
- You are results-driven
- You are driven, passionate, entrepreneurial, and a self-starter who questions the status quo and strives for exceptional results
- An Innovative and creative being
- You design new opportunities and build internal and external excitement for a new project
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
Our journey began with our founder Will, arriving in London and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite living in one of the world’s best cities for food. In 2013 he got on his bike and founded Deliveroo.
Fast forward to today and Deliveroo can be found in 12 markets, with over 100,000 riders delivering orders from over 140,000 restaurants and stores serving millions of customers in hundreds of cities worldwide.
Delivering great food from restaurants is how we started, but isn’t our only offering. We pioneered the delivery-only kitchen model, Deliveroo Editions, where we use data to identify gaps in the market and bring new brands and cuisines to new areas, giving people more choice in their local neighbourhood. And using our network and technology we provide a growing on-demand grocery service, which has not only brought incredible levels of convenience to our customers but has been a lifeline to so many during COVID.
We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds, and the algorithms behind our marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
There are so many questions we are working on and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do we give low income families access to affordable healthy meals? How do we tackle waste? How can we scale our network to tens of millions of orders a day? What does a future layout of a restaurant look like? How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we take what we know about a customer and offer a personalised selection?
At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
And we’re just getting started
The size of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. Only 3% of the global food market is online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of other industries, such as from travel (45%) and retail (10%), and it is clear we are at the very beginning of our journey. Despite being one of the world’s fastest growing multi-billion dollar companies, we’re only just getting started.
We hope you’re as excited about the scale of the opportunity as we are and, if you share our ambition, that you’ll join us and be part of this incredible story.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.