- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
- Business Development
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Business Partner, you will work closely with our Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as a thought partner to influence both strategic and tactical outcomes in collaboration with an engaged People Partner team. In this role, you will be responsible for accelerating the creation of an inclusive and engaging workplace by analysing culture data collected from employee surveys and other feedback to develop (internal) campaigns and possible interventions for various business functions. You will coach and consult with Business Leaders and People Partners globally to help them fulfil their role as inclusive leaders of our truly diverse, global teams, while addressing some of the most complex and undefined DEI-related challenges and opportunities.
This role requires an understanding and awareness of diversity and inclusion issues as well as the tactics and programmatic components that will serve to drive transformation, behaviour and cultural change. You are a great listener, empathetic, adept at reading and influencing a variety of people and have a developmental approach to transformation work; meeting people where they are and providing support and guidance.This role is an unique opportunity to have an outsized impact on the culture of a business that is growing at a breakneck pace. Your work will directly impact the enablement of our 2,000+ employees across 12 countries, and ensure every team member is equipped with capabilities and skills to create inclusion in their teams so everyone can thrive in our diverse, global environment. that enables all our people from a diversity of backgrounds to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as an expert advisor to the business cross-functionally (People Team, Senior Leadership, Marketing, etc) to ensure that DEI is embedded across all aspects of the employee lifecycle
- Equip People Business Partners to engage in conversations with business leaders to support the design and implementation of specific diversity and inclusion agendas with each function and region - using specific, practical, and actionable tools and resources (i.e. dashboards, templates, etc.)
- Advise, coach and influence senior leaders/executives on diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives, and how to demonstrate inclusive leadership and manage diverse teams
- Provide guidance, input and support for priority people and business initiatives that advance Deliveroo’s DEI goals for workforce, workplace and our marketplace inclusion (e.g. ESG, Inclusive Recruiting, Inclusive Product Design)
- Work with the internal communications team to create employee awareness around our DEI narrative commitments
- Support our external communication and benchmarking by ensuring submission of DEI surveys, benchmarks, key awards and any local reporting (e.g. Gender and Ethnicity Pay Gap Reporting, Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, Investing in Ethnicity etc)
- Due to the specialised nature of the role, 3 years of experience as a DEI Practitioner or Business Partner in a fast-paced organisation is desirable, although other relevant experience will be considered
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and insight in DEI and cultural transformation
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem-solving skills; ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among multiple stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment
- Ability to balance local and global priorities
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teamwork
- Reflective practitioner with a growth mindset – open to feedback and not afraid to make mistakes
Great to have, but not required:
- Knowledge in diversity, equity and inclusion legislation and policies in the United Kingdom (UK)
- Experience in the Technology Industry
- Coaching certification
- DEI consulting experience
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.