- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Business Development
Our restaurant partners are the lifeblood of the company and we are continuing to build out a dedicated function to become a strategic partner to our most valuable restaurants.
You will be responsible for a wide variety of activities across problem solving, strategy, relationship management and many more. This is a pivotal role that will shape our approach for years to come. Ensuring we build relationships, and integrate further with our restaurant partners, is fundamentally to the overall success of Deliveroo.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist in development of the overall approach for strategic partnerships. You would be responsible for answering questions like:
- How should we position our value proposition to potential new business?
- How do we optimise our internal operational processes across multiple markets to increase deal-making velocity?
- Supporting on deal processes: Strategy, sourcing opportunities, performing analysis and negotiating deals globally with the largest restaurant brands
- Stakeholder management: Management of business relationships both externally and internally across the organisation
- Planning and analytics: Building quantitative models and performing qualitative analysis to ensure we are doing deals that are sustainable and inline with the aggressive targets the business sets itself.
- Building cross-functional solutions: Working with a variety of colleagues from different parts of the organization to create unique opportunities for our restaurant partners
- High-velocity work: Ability to juggle several priorities, understand potential roadblocks and bias for action in everything you do!
The role requires a “can-do attitude”, someone who is positive and proactive, and energised by working in a fast-paced environment characterised by constant change as well as:
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- A quantitative degree and/or experience in top-tier consulting, banking or legal role
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Highly structured, detail and process-orientated; adept at using both data and intuition to solve problems
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets and PowerPoint/Google Slides proficiency
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.