- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Deliveroo Finance is delivering a transformation programme to ensure the teams, processes and systems across Finance are optimally configured to best support the company in the execution of its strategy to achieve growth and profitability. The role will report into the Finance Projects Team and will be tasked with analysing the current environment through the mapping of As-Is processes, the IT landscape and organisation structures to formulate both short term day-to-day and longer term strategic plans, and identifying and analysing options to deliver projects against business strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Quickly understanding the existing business processes and client technology
- Facilitation of workshops and documentation of outcomes
- Creating process models (AS-IS and TO-BE)
- Understanding and gathering business requirements (functional and non-functional)
- Supporting the systems, data and process documentation and validation of the To-Be design and architecture and the opportunities for business spend
- Where needed supporting vendor selection framework based on operational and financial criteria to successfully select new vendors/solutions that will underpin the future model
- Challenging constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated
- Reporting through agreed lines on progress
- 5+ years in a Business Analyst role
- Business Analysis Foundation and/or practice
- Knowledge of Finance, Spend Management, Procure to Pay processes and ERP systems
- Knowledge of a Project Management methodology such as PRINCE2
- Big Picture Vision - to zoom out from what is currently done and see why it is we need to do it. Able to quickly draw parallels and consolidate activities from diverse activities.
- Analytical Mindset - to break down monolithic problems into clearly distinct and digestible issues and then identify options to resolve them
- Stakeholder Partnership - to engage, influence and excite a varied team from across multiple business units and help instil a joint feeling of ownership and pride in any transformations
- Project and Change Champion - to appreciate good but pragmatic project delivery practice and the importance of managing change to ensure successful implementation
- Effective Communicator - to build and sustain effective communications with other roles involved in the project including establishing a good working relationship with the Sponsor
- Flexible approach - tailor expert knowledge to meet specific circumstances
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London in 2004 and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. In 2013 Deliveroo was launched. Fast forward to 2020 and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started.
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.