- Date Posted
- Jan. 11, 2022
- Business Intelligence
Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2022, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us. To help us pave the path for 2022 and beyond, we’ve created a new team to lead on people analytics for the business.
About the role
Your role will sit within our People analytics team. You will play an important role in building up this function. You will help build the team’s capability to define, analyse, monitor and report key people metrics. You will carry out deep dive analysis in key areas of focus which enable the building of a healthy organisation as we scale Deliveroo in the years ahead. You will work closely with the people leadership, HRBP, recruitment, DEI and compensation teams to help inform and drive global initiatives.
We’re looking for someone that has a passion for People data and analysis and understands the impact it can have in a scaling tech company. This is an individual contributor role, and will have a lot of responsibility and impact.
What you’ll be doing
- Build the long term people analytics program currently in its infancy
- Analyse key people metrics and share insights/ recommendations with the people leadership team
- Build strong relationships with the people leadership team and other stakeholders (recruitment / HRBP teams) to help inform additional areas of interest for analysis and drive adoption of recommendations/ insights
- Track progress of initiatives and share updates on a regular cadence
- Review current tooling for analysing people data and propose changes/ improvements
- Carry out regular reporting of people metrics to the people leadership team and proactively flag any trends of concern
- Define global targets for people metrics by carrying out external benchmarking
What we’re looking for
- Experience in people analytics at a fast growing tech company
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytics skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguity and balance multiple priorities at a time
- Experience running independent analysis informing global change initiatives
- Strong ability to develop highly effective partnerships across all levels, applying influence without using formal authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior stakeholders and drive decision making by building reports/ providing structured recommendations
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to challenge the status quo while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Incredible attention to detail
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we’re just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.