- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
- Data Science
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
As the scale and complexity of Deliveroo grows, we’re looking for a passionate and intellectually curious Data Scientist to join our expanding data science org and work closely with B2B Marketing and Performance Marketing teams. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of our global business - with the global remit and opportunity to own and influence key projects and decisions on how we acquire, onboard and engage with our partners.
This role will be pivotal in demonstrating the impact that B2B Marketing has within Deliveroo globally. This could be on small scale projects like post campaign analysis of ad hoc comms, impact of webinars or large scale ROI impact of our complex CRM automated programs on our cohort of partners.
The successful candidate will have significant experience working in analytical roles and demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the marketing industry. They will be familiar with a wide range of tactics and technology commonly deployed by marketing teams and will use this knowledge to strategically identify and prioritise analytical opportunities.
- The candidate will have advanced analytical, technical, and statistical skills, enabling them to identify appropriate opportunities and execute analysis with a statistically robust approach.
- The ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders with varying technical capabilities will be essential to success in the role.
The ideal candidate will recognise the pivotal role data plays in modern business and will take pride and joy in keeping their abilities at the forefront of the industry.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting and analysing the performance of marketing activities, ad-hoc analytic requests, and development/automation of regular reports
- Query and analyse data to uncover high-value insights with direct impact to improve B2B Marketing effectiveness
- ‘Stitch the data’ through intuitive BI dashboards utilising CRM platforms data (Pardot, Marketing Cloud, GA, Salesforce and BI - Looker & Snowflake) to provide a single source of Marketing performance
- Deliver meaningful, actionable and valuable insights and recommendations
- Consistently identify and propose opportunities to use data and analytics effectively
- Provide best in class reporting processes and analytics techniques to a wider commercial organisation
- Partner with Data Engineering teams to manage data requirements such as schema requirements and data format to support high-quality deliverables
- Brainstorm with B2B Marketing, Performance Marketing and Commercial teams to direct ambiguous questions or misleading metrics into impactful analysis plans
- Support the wider team in developing demonstrable ROI e.g. MBRs and QBRs and showcase exceptional work. Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear and practical way.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, data cleansing and formatting techniques
- Ability to think creatively and insightfully about business problems
- You are able to use large data sets to extract the relevant information to both identify and resolve issues
- Advanced analytical capabilities and a commercial mindset (SQL is a must)
- Analyses external and internal customer data using database queries, spreadsheet models, web analytics tools, statistical analysis tools, and campaign management software tools.
- Analyses A/B and Multivariate tests, communicates results and provides recommendations.
- Knowledge of technical implementation capabilities across a range of marketing analytics technologies (e.g. Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager).
- Advanced skills in manipulating and visualising data. Able to create BI dashboards - e.g. Salesforce, Looker, GA studio
- Strong understanding of Salesforce is key
- Ability to articulate analysis and opportunities in ways that make sense to others at the most senior level
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Confident and articulate presentation skills.
- Excellent communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability in handling concurrent projects with attention to detail and accuracy
- 3+ years of Marketing Analytics experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Preferred B2B background
- Experience of Marketing Technology and channels
- Knowledge of digital marketing techniques and best practice
- Experienced in creating KPI dashboards
- Ran post campaign analysis and ROI impact work
- Strong track record of delivering impactful large scale marketing analytics projects/reports
- Strong understanding of modern marketing automation technologies & systems - Salesforce, Pardot, Marketing Cloud
- A self-starter with a nimble, adaptable work-style – able to get results in a fast-moving environment
- A team player – willing to go the extra mile to deliver outstanding results for the business
- Politically astute with great relationship-building skills
- Work and lead effortlessly across functions, navigate a matrix organisation to get stuff done
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills
- Highly numerate with strong written and presentation skills.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.