- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with Deliveroo’s Engineering and Product leadership team to translate product strategy into measurable financial reporting and ensure alignment of strategic objectives with budget and forecast development
- Shape the financial framework for our product in partnership with our Engineering and Product leadership teams.
- Identify, recommend, and drive process improvement initiatives to enable efficiencies and scale across the organization
- Drive key resource allocation discussions as part of engineering scenario planning, including ROI-based economic trade-offs for resourcing deployment
- Partner with Engineering and People leadership to develop our model for rapidly scaling the Engineering team in the most efficient way
- Collaborate with senior Engineering and Product stakeholders to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance impacting financial performance
- Lead your team to discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Manage engineering and product financial KPIs/dashboards. Develop and/or enhance key metrics that bring insightful and actionable insights
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution of the overall company
For this role you need to have the following skill set:
- At least 5+ years of finance leadership experience
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders, including engineering and technology teams
- SaaS or high-growth consumer technology experience strongly preferred
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Proven ability to operate and succeed within a fast-paced environment
Preferred, but not required:
Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.