- Date Posted
- May. 27, 2021
About the Department
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
What you’ll be doing
- Partner with the senior leadership to help set the strategic direction for a function or region
- Aid in strategic, financial and operational planning and execution
- Leverage your commercial experience and knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest and frame approaches to tackle them
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track and analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities and alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Lead your team to discover, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis and research
- Build a world class finance and strategy organisation
For this role you need to have the following skill set:
- At least 5+ years experience working closely with senior leadership of leadership experience
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
Preferred, but not required:
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
- We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard and show continued commitment and dedication to the business.
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.