- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
We are recruiting a Finance Director to work principally in the financial reporting team. This team is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our results, high quality external reporting, working effectively with external advisors and cross functional teams on a range of finance projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading the transformation of a range of global existing reporting processes, improving the technology or systems, improved reporting, better controls and more timely results.
- Responsible for key projects with the finance tech team, including finance systems, to develop a roadmap for development, ensuring that key systems will be fit for purpose as the business grows in size and complexity.
- Managing the transformation of system design and integrations, ensuring financial data is flowing accurately through all our systems and optimising those processes.
- Overseeing the global month end reporting process, to ensure that the monthly results are accurately reported on time, both internally, and to external stakeholders. The key objective is the improvement and refinement of the month end process to ensure quicker, more efficient monthly reporting, alongside a deeper understanding of results at an earlier point in the month.
- Overseeing the production of the annual and interim review report, liaising with compliance, legal, Co Sec, Investor relations etc in the process of doing so, and preparing reports for the Board and Audit Committee.
- Liaising cross - departmentally to ensure the production of good quality accounting technical papers for internal and external stakeholders.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience in running a smooth month end process in a large, multi-jurisdictional, listed organisation.
- Ability to automate labour intensive month end and other tasks and work with engineering teams to finesse data pipelines for more efficient processes.
- Listed company financial reporting experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of financial systems - good Netsuite literacy preferred.
- Good data interrogation skills.
- Strong accounting and financial reporting technical knowledge.
- Ability to manage teams well, developing team members and providing exceptional leadership.
- Strong communication skills:
- Able to effectively build relationships and communicate across multiple departments; and
- Strong written communication skills, including an ability to write well crafted documents, easily understood by non finance departments as well as recipients such as auditors.
- Flexible, good work ethic, ability to work with the team and independently, self starter with ability to bring other, non-financial, teams along a journey.
- Good risk assessment and prioritisation skills.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.