- Date Posted
- Nov. 4, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Finance Manager within our global reporting team, based in London, you will have the opportunity to take responsibility for reporting on the UK region of the business. This will include monthly reporting, working closely with the auditors and ensuring that statutory requirements are met.
The role reports into the Senior Finance Manager for the UK.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsibility for month end reporting across different entities to include full accountability for specific locations/departments/processes
- Monthly variance analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet - including working with other Finance sub-departments to fully understand monthly actuals
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, including resolution of variances and issues identified
- Working with the auditors to fulfil their requests and answer their queries
- Ensuring compliance with local statutory requirements
- Process improvement
- Supporting the Senior Finance Manager as required
- Ad-hoc project work
- Liaising with the wider finance team to ensure accurate reporting
- Accountancy qualification – ACA, ACCA or CIMA with at least 1-2 years of post-qualified experience in a relevant industry role
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- A desire to take responsibility and ‘own’ your work
- Track record of delivery results – you are willing to show initiative to generate results
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- A proactive approach; you should be motivated to take the initiative to make improvements
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, frequently-changing environment with ambitious targets designed to disrupt a major global market
- Strong organisational skills and an awareness of the importance of deadlines
Advantageous, but not required:
- Some experience of a startup environment
- Prior experience of Netsuite
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.