- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
Deliveroo’s Payroll team is looking for an UK, IRE and USA Payroll Lead. This position requires knowledge of local pay regulations across the regions, strong analytical skills, people skills, vendor management and the desire to drive improvements and continuously simplify processes. UK Workday Payroll exposure is a must.This person will report directly to the Global Payroll manager (HQ) and will partner closely with the UK, IRE and USA People Lead, Finance, and vendors, to lead improvements and act as a key stakeholder in leading regional payroll processes.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare individual country payroll inputs collating various internal sources of information
- Ensure all leavers are compliant with local tax regulations and the timely necessary exit filings are made with local tax authorities
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to ensure all inputs for contractual changes and any variable input are confirmed, included within agreed KPIs
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders like General Managers, People Team, Finance and Ops To keep the teams compliant and aware of the changes in local country specific regulations
- Partner on specific projects for process improvements
- Manage employee payroll related queries and proactive communication of changing local and social insurance regulations
- Vendor Management: Partner closely with vendors on local regulations around payroll, stocks, taxes and social insurance
- Partner collaboratively with The People Team and the wider finance team on monthly payroll
- Perform control checks for audit / Headcount report and timely completion of information for ongoing Internal and External audits
- Providing information and employee payroll related statistics for local wage surveys
- Improve processes and drive requirements for additional improvements to eliminate manual processes which might also involve partnering with other regions across Deliveroo
- Applies broad knowledge of payroll, finance, operations, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact payroll operations
- Directs payroll and related operations for UK, IRE and USA region in an outsourced environment. Manages regional payroll operations, including vendor management, contract and SLA review, outsourcing governance, day-to-day service delivery, issue resolution.
- Provide support and handle escalations in a timely manner, managing internal and external stakeholders effectively in the process
- At least 2 years UK, IRE and USA Payroll experience and familiarity with a working knowledge of taxation and legislation surrounding payroll
- Recent and up to date UK Workday Payroll processing experience
- Workday system experience (Qualified is desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of Workday integration, tools and platforms applicable to designing and executing quality solutions
- Proficiency and experience of Workday Tools (WD Studio, PECI, Core Connectors, EIB).
- UK pension and benefits experience is required and for IRE and USA is desired
- Ability to collaborate effectively across the business and particularly strong in the ability to impact and influence partners/vendors to achieve results
- Excellent follow-through skills and ability to be the driving force behind the completion of multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Actively support the Global Payroll Manager / InfoSys Team to plan tasks and tenants across all project stages, in collaboration with other workstreams, to factor all dependencies.
- Excellent control, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong hold over data and its analysis
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.