- Date Posted
- Oct. 7, 2021
The Finance and Strategy team’s core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, and we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding and sharing the drivers of our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks and keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, it’s critical that we continually foster and evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive and grow.
What you’ll be doing
Partnering closely with key decision makers, you and your team will provide analytical driven insight which supports decision making and understand the P&L impact of these decisions. You will also work with stakeholders to determine strategic initiatives to drive the long-term growth of the business and be responsible for modelling the impact of those initiatives. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, can manage various stakeholders and has strong analytical capabilities.
The role will involve:
- Understanding and influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top and bottom line
- Scenario modelling and business casing for multiple initiatives and layering this into financial planning
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making (e.g. pricing)
- Partnering with the various teams to formulate and appraise appropriate strategies for their respective areas and support delivery of the overall business strategy and long-range plans.
- Primarily focusing on business partnering with Functional Leaders/ Vice Presidents or Country General Managers and their teams
- Line management of an analyst
- Advanced complex financial modelling and analytical skills (advanced Excel required, SQL a bonus)
- Ability to lead on strategic initiatives, and financial processes like planning
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels, especially at C-level
- 5+ years of data analysis in a strategic or commercial role (would suit someone who has experience working in banking/private equity/consultancy or for a high growth tech finance team)
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
Why Deliveroo? When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We’re a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come and join us for the ride.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.