- Date Posted
- Jul. 6, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we’re just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FT’s’ list of Europe’s fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte’s ‘UK Top 50’ two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
- We’re looking for an experienced HR Administrator, who will give support to the EU SMB team based in Madrid
- You’ll have a specific focus on personnel administration, onboarding and operational tasks.
- You’ll join the local People Team, based in Madrid.
- We offer a full time 12 months fixed-term contract.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you will:
- Take ownership of personnel EU SMB team administration tasks covering the entire employees’ lifecycle – from hiring procedures to on-boarding and managing all employees’ events with an admin impact.
- We want everyone to have a great first day experience and you will work with the recruitment, people and IT teams to ensure new hires have the correct IT equipment and welcome pack.
- Drive the offboarding / exit process.
- Work closely with managers and the HR Generalist for the monthly payroll / social security management, as well as with the payroll provider.
- Point of contact for SMB employees and managers in questions related to human resources.
- Overseeing and issuing contracts of employment, amendment letters, renewals, settlements working closely with the external payroll provider.
- Close cooperation with other teams as it can be with the recruitment team, legal, office manager or any other team that allows progress and good work/collaboration to advance on a day-to-day basis.
- Having a great understanding of the Collective Bargaining Agreements, labour contracts and work documentation.
- HRIS data maintenance and reporting.
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing - You will make sure that all staff will receive the training and medical checks on time in coordination with the external provider.
- You’ll have proven experience working in a HR Administration position and be able to pull on your knowledge of all parts of the employee lifecycle; Focus in the personnel administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human Resources or Labour Relations, Law or similar.
- You’ll ideally already have been part of a fast paced company that’s grown rapidly and will know the appropriate HR interventions/ initiatives.
- You’re skilled at working within a matrix organisation and have built great relationships with central and HQ teams;
- You’re awesome at building strong relationships and have great communication skills;
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Experience with Workday or other HRIS is highly a plus.
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.