- Date Posted
- Aug. 11, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2020, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide.
This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us.
The context of the recruitment
We are offering a fixed term contract of 6 months to replace our HR Manager during her maternity leave. Dates to be confirmed - ideally from Nov 2021 to April 2022.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced HR generalist, who has a people centric mindset. You will be the people expert in Belgium, based in our Brussels office and will spend your time owning all things ‘people’. You won’t be afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in; ultimately you’ll be responsible for all parts of HR, from people admin to the people strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- You will support and lead the development and implementation of HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- You will act as a business partner to the Leadership team and Managers. You will optimise the way we hire and train our managers to find the best candidates. You’ll focus on developing and delivering learning programmes for our people. You’ll equip managers with the tools and knowledge to do performance reviews, give effective feedback and help them develop their coaching skills. You’ll work with them on how to inspire and motivate their teams to achieve amazing things.
- Ensure compliance with employment regulations.
- You will be responsible for the effective implementation of HR policies and procedures related to onboarding, offboarding, performance management, well-being at work, recruitment and selection, etc...
- You will bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- You will work closely with the central HQ team in London; you’ll also be responsible for localizing people policies, ensuring that we are compliant as we continue to grow.
- You will take HR initiatives to continuously improve the company culture and ensure everyone in the organization continues to love working in the company.
- You will take care of the HR administration (contract for new hires, follow-up of insurance contracts...)
- You will centralize internal payroll-related questions from staff and management (salary simulations, reporting information, HR info for the budget) and coordinate this with the payroll team based in London. You will also send the payroll instructions on a monthly basis.
What we’re looking for
- You have proven experience working in a generalist HR position and be able to pull on your knowledge of all parts of the employee lifecycle;
- You’ll ideally already have been part of a fast paced company that’s grown rapidly and will know the appropriate HR interventions/ initiatives;
- You’re skilled at working within a matrix organisation and have built great relationships with central and HQ teams;
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and can make sense of the grey;
- You thrive in fast paced environments and are comfortable with switching between operational and strategic;
- You’re great at building strong relationships and have strong communication skills;
- You’ll ideally be trilingual- French and English are a must, Dutch is a plus;
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we’re just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritize their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.