- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
The People Services Representative will be a key member of the People Services team and support the business in relation to all things People related for the exciting new chapter in Deliveroo; HOP. HOP is our new service delivering groceries and essentials to customers in as little as ten minutes.. We are looking for an individual who has People experience within very fast paced (retail/food) industries.This role is for a 6 month fixed term period with potential to move to permanent.
The role will never be the same day to day, with the HOP teams growing rapidly there will be fast turnarounds and new initiatives to add your personal touch to. The role is ideal for someone looking to gain exposure to every aspect of the People function; the candidate will interface with recruitment, HR business partners, policy leads, and compensation and benefits. You will love administration, be solution focused and have a willingness to get in and get stuff done!
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain our HR systems ensuring we have accurate information at our fingertips.
- Assist with the tasks leading up to the monthly and biweekly payroll cut offs.
- Actioning employee onboarding, offboarding and contractual changes.
- Provide HR administration support and advice to employees and managers.
- Explain policies and processes in a clear and effective manner
- Review processes and implement changes - always challenging the status quo to provide a world class people function.
- As an ideal candidate, you’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn.
- 1 - 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a fast paced changing environment.
- Driven, hard working and proactive individual.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite would be beneficial.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and continuously changing priorities
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler and you’re not afraid
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we’re always looking for new ideas and we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven’t even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company’s success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up’s around.