- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
About the job
Deliveroo launched in 2013. Fast forward to 2020, and we operate in 12 markets with over 60,000 riders who deliver orders from 60,000 restaurants in over 500 cities worldwide. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We’re already a multi-billion pound company that has grown rapidly. Yet, most of the extraordinary value Deliveroo will generate lies ahead of us. To help us pave the path for 2021 and beyond, we’ve created a new team to lead on people strategy for the business.
About the role
Reporting to our People Strategy & Organisational Effectiveness Director, you will have the opportunity to define and lead on people strategy initiatives across employee growth and development, employee engagement, organisational effectiveness, employee experience and organisational design and operating model. This is a permanent role with high visibility and huge potential to drive significant change.
We’re looking for someone who can employ thought leadership and high EQ to design programs and solutions that support a high-functioning, sustainable organisation.
What you’ll be doing
- Defining and leading strategic People projects to improve employee experience and organisational effectiveness as our business scales.
- Collaborating across the People Team, our business functional, and globally across our markets to deliver sustainable change from your work
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of business challenges and how they might be addressed through People initiatives
- Providing strategic insights, data-driven recommendations, and thought leadership to the business on people strategy.
What we’re looking for
- Best-in-class strategy consulting or organisational management experience (ideally relating to People or People Strategy)
- Demonstrated track record of both designing and implementing strategic or operational change in a large, complex organisation
- Strong ability to develop highly effective partnerships across all levels, applying influence without using formal authority to deliver results
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, and project management skills appropriate for executive-level collaboration
- Strong curiosity and a willingness to challenge the status quo while maintaining a collaborative approach
- Solid analytical skills
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world, and we do this in real-time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allows us to deliver our orders in around 30 minutes.
The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it’s clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
And we’re just getting started.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo, we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest-growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.