- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. We’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives in one of Europe’s fastest-growing and most exciting tech scale-ups.
We are looking for an exceptional technology recruiting leader who will support the hyper-growth of Deliveroo and its software engineering team in our London HQ and internationally. Reporting to the Director of Tech Recruiting, you’ll grow and lead a team (currently 10+) and help develop the strategy and execute the hiring roadmap across delivery, operations, brand and attraction alongside the CTO and engineering leadership.
Not many roles have as much potential for impact on Deliveroo’s growth and success as recruitment. As one of the world’s fastest-growing companies, we have a unique opportunity to create and tell one of the most compelling recruitment and talent stories yet, with this role playing a key role in it.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team of high performers. Hire, lead and develop a team of world-class tech recruiters and sourcers. Develop and set clear goals, and ensure accountability and ownership.
- Developing strategy and driving execution. Partner with tech, finance and people leadership to plan and develop a short and long term talent acquisition strategy, and execute on hiring goals for our engineering teams.
- Deciding where to go next. Determine where Deliveroo should be expanding its technology org footprint internationally, and lead the strategy and execution of scaling software engineering in new locations.
- Building scalable processes. Design, implement, launch and iterate on processes, programs and tools across interviewing, assessment, referrals, sourcing and automation in order to create an outstanding hiring experience that’s efficient and runs at scale.
- Influencing with data. Deploy forecasting, reporting and analytics rigor to track key recruiting and sourcing metrics and measure progress, sharing insights and influencing the broader people and talent roadmap.
- Telling our story. Establish Deliveroo as an employer of choice for engineering managers by building a joined-up talent attraction strategy, both in our home HQ location and beyond, leveraging community-building, events, our leadership and social media.
- Celebrating difference. Ensure Deliveroo’s diversity and inclusion values and goals are embedded throughout the talent acquisition strategy.
- Driving a high-performance hiring culture. Champion and role-model Deliveroo’s values, and drive a positive and progressive hiring culture throughout the company that achieves and maintains a high bar for talent, and is renowned for an outstanding hiring experience.
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive tech recruiting experience in a similar environment, including leading software engineering recruitment at scale / under significant growth.
- Strong people manager, ideally having coached and developed other leads and managers.
- Significant experience developing and building sourcing strategies, processes and programs that support hiring exceptionally strong tech talent at scale.
- Track record of leveraging and leading with data; experience translating data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions and measure impact.
- A proven ability to design, communicate and iterate on recruitment processes and programs, and instrument ways of measuring and tracking performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence across all levels, including the most senior.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills, with an eye for detail and a passion for presenting data and complex information in simplified, clear, compelling ways for multiple audiences.
You’ll be a great fit if you are:
- A deeply curious and avid learner, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems - both the big strategic things, as well as the smaller quick wins.
- A highly strategic operator, an excellent people manager and someone who has a demonstrably successful leadership track record and trajectory in fast-paced companies.
- Driven by seeing the achievements and progression of others you support and partner with.
- Can switch between a high level strategic mindset and detailed execution orientation seamlessly.
- Excited to help build something amazing and share it with the world.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.