- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
Security Operations Specialist
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Security Operations Specialist you’ll be part of a growing Security Operations team who are focused on detecting attacks against a backdrop of an ever-advancing cyber threat landscape with automation at the heart of everything we do. You’ll be responsible for advancing our threat detection capabilities by triaging and analysing alerts, growing our detection footprint and supporting wider incident response processes spanning the breadth of the cyber kill chain. While we have some practices in place, you’ll need to help develop our processes and technology requirements to best support our Security maturity journey.
The role is a unique opportunity to get hands-on with industry-leading security technology and help grow a capability to detect, analyse and respond to security incidents. As we continue to grow our business, your specialist capabilities will play a key part in our story.
What you’ll be doing
- Triage events from a wide range of sources, including reports from employees, security systems, ethical hackers and threat intelligence data
- Analyse and respond to detected events, escalating issues where appropriate
- Develop incident response playbooks in-line with NIST best practices
- Support the design, development and review of threat-detection use-cases to identify suspicious activity across a cloud-centric environment
- Support orchestration and automation initiatives, helping to streamline our incident response processes
- Work closely with security incident responders to proactively hunt for threats across the organisation
- Keep up to date with current security trends, advisories, publications and security research across the threat landscape
- Work as part of an on-call capability to support security incidents 24/7
- Proven experience responding to threat detections in a cloud-centric, fast-moving organisation
- Demonstrable hands-on experience managing and configuring SOC/SIEM security platforms
- Practical knowledge of NIST cybersecurity framework and incident response best practices
- Hands-on experience writing Splunk/SQL queries to perform threat-hunting
- Working knowledge of cloud security best practice, particularly across AWS
- Demonstrable coding skills, with familiarity across multiple languages
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative, knowledge-sharing mindset
- Familiarity of security compliance standards, e.g. ISO27001, GDPR and PCI-DSS
Preferred, but not required
- Understanding of IAM cloud security principles
- Experience of system administration, particularly across Linux platforms
- Experience designing, configuring and managing defensive security platforms
- Experience with web and mobile-app offensive security techniques
- Experience in a DevOps environment with familiarity of CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with container technologies and orchestration services
- Knowledge of cloud security data encryption standards and principles
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.