- Date Posted
- Nov. 12, 2021
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Senior Threat Detection Specialist you will have the opportunity to define, implement and lead a proactive cyber threat hunting and threat exercising capability. You’ll be part of a growing Security Operations team who are focused on detecting attacks against a backdrop of an ever-advancing cyber threat landscape with automation at the heart of everything we do. While we have some practices in place, you’ll need to design processes and optimise technology to best support our Security maturity journey.
The role is a unique opportunity to directly influence the overall Security Operations strategy where you can harness our existing process and technology investments and bring new ways of working to help us protect our employees, customers, riders and restaurants. As we continue to grow our business, your specialist capabilities will play a key part in our story.
What you’ll be doing
- Define, build and operate a cyber threat hunting strategy designed to proactively identify threats and test people, processes and technology against cyber resilience frameworks
- Support the technical response to serious cyber incidents, e.g. from organised criminal activity, targeted malware campaigns, vulnerability exploits and cloud-based attacks in order to contain, eradicate and recover from malicious activity
- Reverse engineer malware attacks to extract key artefacts and fortify existing security controls
- Proactively hunt for, and eradicate, threats across the environment through intelligence and research-led analysis of the latest tools, tactics and procedures being used across adversarial groups
- Design and conduct regular cyber threat testing of detection and response capabilities using real-world attack scenarios aligned to the business threat profile
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to fortify security technology and enhance internal detection, response and recovery processes
- Work closely with the wider Security team to optimise and automate processes and technology in support of proactive threat hunting initiatives
- Produce exceptional reports to support security incidents, forensic investigations and continuous improvement activity
- Mentor and train colleagues to nurture a culture of proactive threat hunting and technical capability
- Previous hands-on experience with detecting, analysing and responding to complex cyber attacks in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent working knowledge of host, network and cloud-based investigative methodologies
- Demonstrable experience reverse engineering malware targeting MacOS, Windows and Unix environments and investigating online malicious infrastructure
- Practical knowledge of the latest offensive security techniques used to targeted cloud-based environments
- Demonstrable experience designing and operating proactive hunting initiatives aligned to the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Excellent working knowledge of the NIST cyber security framework
- Demonstrable knowledge of Red and Purple teaming principles and industry best-practice frameworks
- Proven experience designing and implementing cyber threat testing scenarios
- Exceptional report writing skills, with a clear ability to communicate complex topics for a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work within a disparate team and develop the skills of those around you
- Practical coding experience with familiarity of multiple languages
Preferred, but not required
- Red / Purple team leadership experience
- Experience teaching and mentoring technical concepts
- GREM, GPEN, OSCP, GCFA, GXPN or other technical industry certification
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.